What is a chemical peel and how does it work?
A chemical peel is a cosmetic treatment where a chemical solution is applied to the face, hands, or neck to improve the skin’s appearance. The peel removes the top layer of skin, allowing for new, regenerated skin to resurface that is softer and more youthful looking. Chemical peels can be used for treating acne, age spots, discoloration, and scars, reducing wrinkles and fine lines, and improving the overall look and feel of the skin.
There are 3 types of chemical peels consisting of superficial peels, medium peels, and deep peels. Choosing the appropriate peel depends on the individual’s skin needs and condition. As the depth of the peel increases, the solution used will be stronger and the recovery period will be longer.
Administered by a skin care professional, our full range of superficial peels can help your complexion appear more uniform and renewed—diminishing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and roughness.
We offer the following professional peeling services:
- Salicyclic acid peel for acne, melasma, freckles, sun spots
- Glycolic acid peel for acne, acne scars, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation, melasma, reducing pore size and ingrown hairs
- Jessner peel for melasma, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, reducing scars, evening out skin tone
- Miami peel for hyperpigmentation, melasma, sun damage, evening out skin tone, exfoliating to stimulate renewal of skin
- Retinol peel for acne, evening out skin tone, plumping skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, increasing collagen production
- Rejuvenize peel for smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, evening out skin tone
- Vitalize peel for reducing fine lines and wrinkles, smoothing skin texture, evening out skin tone, improving skin clarity